Fast, Fun & Easy Christmas Stockings: Festive Fabric Projects to Stir Your Imagination
These projects are great to make for family and friends. They are fun, fast and easy.
This book comes with a material list and full, easy-to-follow instructions.
Last-Minute Fabric Gifts: 30 Hand-Sew, Machine-Sew, and No-Sew Projects
This inspiring book comes with 30 easy projects for quick-to-make gifts ranging from fabric-covered notepads to a tea-dyed sequined scarf to a baby quilt. Arranged by how long it takes to complete each project, the book focuses on gifts that generally require less than three hours of time. What’s more, Treen clearly details the knowledge and skills you need to improvise on these projects, allowing you to customize the color, pattern, and texture to suit the occasion. Complete with 70 full-color photographs and a final chapter on innovative ways to wrap gifts with fabric, Last-Minute Fabric Gifts is brimming with creative ideas sure to appeal to novice and experienced sewers alike.
Easy to follow, and organized by the amount of time it takes to complete a project. From an hour to several hours.
* less than 1 hour: bias blossom, coat sleeve bag, tie pouch, corduroy change purse, fabric belt, fabric envelopes, felt rabbits, fabric covered notebook, quick dish towl, bark cloth baby bib, cat toy.
* 1-2 hours: recycled sweater hats, cotton knit animals, felted rocks, fringed quest towels, patchwork pillow, red cross appliqued pillow, travel pouch.
* 2-3 hours: silk-trimmed wool blanket, hand stitched scarf, reversible hooded towel/blanket, felted silk scarf, silk sarong, tweed scarf, twig-handled tote
* greater than 3 hours: baby quilt, wool knit shibori scarf, garden playmat, inlaid wool knit scarf, tea-dyed shawl
* Ideas for wrapping fabric gifts, making gift pouches and gift tags.
* Sections on fabrics, tools, techniques, terms.
Quilt a New Christmas with Piece O’Cake Designs: Appliqued Quilts, Embellished Stockings & Perky Partridges for Your Tree
Piece O’ Cake Designs fills your home with the Christmas spirit all year round! Half of these new designs give the holiday season a whimsical twist with unexpected fabrics and colors, and the other half are versatile and beautiful quilts that you can use even after the rest of your holiday decorations are packed away.
Several of the quilt projects can be adapted for year-round use if made in different fabrics.
Stitch it for Christmas: Festive Sewing Projects to Craft and Quilt
Transform your home with these beautiful Christmas craft projects to stitch and sew. Lynette Anderson’s quirky designs and distinctive palette are the perfect combination for this gorgeous collection of Christmas sewing ideas.
One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!
One-Yard Wonders will delight anyone who has ever fallen for fabric – from the novice sewing enthusiast to the lifelong seamstress. The book presents a delightful array of simple, stylish projects that can be made with just a single yard of fabric – from apparel to accessories, from plush toys to pet beds, from baby items to bags, and from home decor to “Happy Birthday” banners. Projects have a hip,contemporary flair, and most can be completed in a few hours. For each project, the book provides a full-color photograph, easy step-by-step instructions, and simple illustrations. Templates and pattern pieces are also included wherever needed, making this collection of 101 projects the best sewing deal ever.