Singer 2259 Tradition 19-Stitch Sewing Machine
Just learning? Just perfect. The Singer 2259 Tradition.
The Singer 2259 Tradition has the features to make starting a new hobby easy. This sewing machine features an automatic four-step buttonhole, easy stitch selection, and snap-on presser feet. Thread the machine quickly and easily. Just follow the arrows on the machine, and you are threaded in a snap.
Nineteen basic, stretch, and decorative built-in stitches provide options for everything from the most basic garment alterations to more elaborate home décor designs.
One of the most important features of the Singer 2259 is its sturdy metal frame on the inside with a lightweight plastic cover on the outside. Please note that not all modern sewing machines have an interior metal frame. Most inexpensive sewing machines are all plastic. Make sure you take this into consideration when purchasing a sewing machine.
In the old days, sewing machines were all metal, inside and outside, and they were also very heavy! Not exactly portable. They were mounted inside a cabinet and were never intended to move from that spot. Every part was metal; gears, knobs, pulleys, etc. The good thing was that they were sturdy and could sew through practically anything. Parts, on the other hand, could be very expensive and metal machines harder to repair.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- Quick-and-easy threading saves time
- 19 built-in stitches
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Four Snap-On Presser Feet
- Four-step buttonhole
- Free Arm with On-Board Storage
- Automatic Tension ensures stable stitch quality, whatever type of fabric you use.
- Built-In Carry Handle makes it easy to transport the machine. The machine can also be mounted into a cabinet in a few easy steps.
- Soft-sided dust cover included to keep your machine protected and dust-free
- 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
Latest posts by Susan (see all)
- My Favorite 2016 Holiday Fabric Prints - October 24, 2016
- Janome Sew Mini in Three New Colors – Beachcomber, Honeycomb & Merlot - February 3, 2016
- Janome 14412 Pink Hello Kitty Sewing Machine - April 4, 2015